- What We Do
- Our Approach
- Our Work
- Thought Leadership
- Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Implementation
- FATCA Compliance Reporting & Technology Implementation
- GLBA Delivery Remediation
- IT Transformation Implementation
- Making Change Stick
- Moving Lean Acceptance beyond Manufacturing Shop Floor
- Organisational Risk - Executive Reporting
- Project Management Office - Bureaucracy or Benefit?
- Change is Inevitable
- Work with Us
- Partner with Us
- About Us
Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Implementation
Enterprise-wide project remediation based on Regulatory need
A major US Bank is unable to satisfy Business Continuity Recovery requirements under an Inter-Agency White Paper by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), and is faced with unprecedented enterprise-wide risk.
The organisation has inconsistent and antiquated BCP processes and controls. In addition, existing efforts to implement consistent and aligned BCP practises across technology and business has failed.
Ruota Consulting was asked to engage the technology and business delivery teams and remediate current programme delivery activity, and drive the strategic build-out of a BCP programme including the shape and design of the BCP solution across the organisation to satisfy Inter-Agency White Paper requirements.
- Established a collaborative enterprise-wide BCP strategy, including ownership, to address all prioritised organisation challenges (whether regulatory or behavioural)
- Prioritised individual recovery processes in the event of a disaster, based on Executive prioritisation of major banking functions
- Identified operational process relationships and dependencies with IT asset profiles, and developed procedures to ensure their continued synchronisation
- Designed and implemented a programme delivery environment that can engage stakeholders and management across the enterprise, driving the outcomes needed from the regulators and BCP strategy
- Developed a roadmap to deliver the BCP strategy and assumed responsibility to project manage all deliverables in the roadmap
- Designed, developed and implemented a programme management office to support programme management activity, including establishing Executive reporting, implementing programme delivery controls and providing project management guidance
- Provided an independent validation of operational resilience including providing a single, transparent and connected front-to-back view of resilience by risk activity
- Identified single points of failure and assessed it in context of franchise risk
- Established a framework to drive better investment decisions and govern end-to-end delivery
- Delivered effective dashboards and management information for Executives to better sense the pulse of delivery and understand pertinent challenges, including areas requiring intervention
- Capable and experienced leadership provided for enterprise-wide control and timely delivery of all project initiatives
- Satisfied FDIC requirements and challenges to demonstrate a sustainable BCP programme of activity