- What We Do
- Our Approach
- Our Work
- Thought Leadership
- Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Implementation
- FATCA Compliance Reporting & Technology Implementation
- GLBA Delivery Remediation
- IT Transformation Implementation
- Making Change Stick
- Moving Lean Acceptance beyond Manufacturing Shop Floor
- Organisational Risk - Executive Reporting
- Project Management Office - Bureaucracy or Benefit?
- Change is Inevitable
- Work with Us
- Partner with Us
- About Us
Project Management Office - Bureaucracy or Benefit?
The primary responsibility of the Project Management Office (PMO) is to manage and execute projects that are central to the goals and objectives of the organisation. The PMO works with the project stakeholders and delivery teams to apply and maintain standards and processes as they deliver a project. Can you imagine not having standards or oversight when implementing a project? Unfortunately, PMOs are frequently seen as bureaucratic functions that block, rather than benefit organisations. This paper examines common challenges and potential solutions to unlock the benefit of a PMO.